Sunday, March 4, 2012

27 Weeks, Nursery Plan & Toy Chest

 
 
How far along?  27 weeks
Total weight gain:  20lbs
Maternity clothes:  Oh yes... so happy I'm pregnant through the winter.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Sleeping great.
Best moment this week: Getting together with the girls...and popcorn!!
Missing anything? Sunday afternoon drinks.
Movement: Lots of movement all day long... and she started kicking my ribs....Fun!
Cravings: doughnuts... danishes...muffins...any kind of baked good that will go straight to my ass and hips.... and definitely already has.
Anything making you queasy?  Coffee
Gender: Girl
Labour Signs: Pretty sure I had some braxton hicks contractions last night... kinda uncomfortable. I can see how deep breathing will come in handy.  Yikes!
Symptoms: Back pain, overall discomfort, shortness of breath.
Belly button: In...almost flat...looking very unfamiliar.
Emotions:  Happy ...irritable sometimes... kinda bitchy about being uncomfortable.  I just keep telling myself how worth it it's going to be when we finally get to meet her.
Excited for:  Painting and getting baby girls nursery ready.
 
Baby is the size of a cauliflower...holyyy! She weighs 2 lbs.


So I'm a crazy organized person anyway, and now I'm apparently "nesting"... so this is what I've come up with for a nursery plan in our new home.


Since I have a lot more free time on the weekends now that I'm not spending my days too hungover to move, I wanted to do a small project and refurnish a toy chest that my mom bought me.  
 
 

First I sanded off the original finish.
 
 
Then I primed the chest and sanded it again.
 
 
 
 Then I painted it and painted it again.


 Then I personalized the inside with a little note.


 
...But of course, I had to edit out baby girls name... just for suspense!

No comments:

Post a Comment