Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrifted Kitchen Shelves

Holy crap balls, thrifting is fun!  

Okay so I'm old, but at least I'm saving money.  

One trip to my local Value Village and a quick stop at Dollarama later and Voila!  This kitchen works a lotta bit better for me.  For now... until we can do a complete overhaul, once operation income suite is complete...in oh, what could be another decade.  (Touchy subject.. it's been a lot more work than we expected...)  
Anywho... here's what I found on my scavenger hunt.

$4.99 for a set of 4 of the exact cups and saucers I wanted...pretty sweet start.
All 5 frames were .99 cents, the two trays were $1.50 each, and the wicker basket was .89 cents.

...painted those suckers white.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with the frames yet because they're a wee bit tiny for a kitchen.  I might track down some funky scrapbook paper to fill them with and hang them diagonally in the stairrrwelllll.

If you read my post on Kitchen Karma, you know what my kitchen looked like before.  Everything on the shelves was super random, complete with a large, out of place plant.

Here it is now... I'm kind of in love.


Things I'm still on the hunt for...

Barnwood to replace that hideous clock
Window treatments
Track light fixture
Distressed wood bread box
 Wood bowl that will hold fake limes (to replace those not-so-matchy glasses on the top shelf)

In total I spent a whopping $21.54
Boom!



xo,  Kiara

No comments:

Post a Comment