Sunday, August 12, 2012

Project Second Floor


     
     In April we officially became homeowners.  With a baby on the way, we basically just had enough time and energy to move in and clean the place up a bit.  The house is about 60 years old and probably still has the same interiors that were built with it.  Now, with baby C being a little more self sufficient, I have some time to think about what I want to do to the place to make it feel like home.  We are currently completely remodeling and finishing the basement into an entirely separate one bedroom apartment.  And when I say "we", I mean the hubs... because I am about as handy as a small pot.  He's rebuilding the place from the cement up and I'm responsible for the design part once he's all done.  Fun!

     So for now I'm stuck planning my attack on our second floor.  Upstairs we have C's nursery, which is the only room we redid and it's completely finished, our so called office that we never use, a tiny, two piece bathroom, and our bedroom.  This is what I've come up with so far...


Everything needs to be painted.  For some reason, every wall and ceiling is this hideous turquoise colour complete with matching floral wallpaper on the light switches.


The one project I'm totally psyched for is refinishing an antique sofa table for this hallway.  It's going to be home to picture frames and a cool lantern or bird cage if I can hunt one down.


This powder room is the worst room in the house.  It is horrible in every single way.  Let's just tear it all down and make an ensuite?


Our bedroom is first on the list to get a paint job... I can't sleep with this colour on the walls for much longer. Yikes!!
 

Our closet is the best part of the upstairs... but what to do with those little cubbie hole cupboards?
I need to come up with something fun!


I'm so tempted to paint all of the trim in this room white, but it's the original hardwood and I can't bring myself to do it just yet.  Maybe I will once we purchase our bedroom set.    

 Seeing it all laid out like this it looks like I have an insane amount of work ahead of me.  And how do I start?... pinning ideas on Pinterest for an entire afternoon.  Funny how Pinterest can make you feel productive, even though you really haven't accomplished anything. :)


xo Kiara

No comments:

Post a Comment