Monday, February 24, 2014

C's First Yearbook

After C was born, I took a moment to look through my own baby book and noticed that my baby pictures were few and far between, and I also didn't have a whole lot documented from my first year.  It would have been awesome to read back on my life as a baby, especially being a new mom myself.  So I decided to create a yearbook for C's first year, and I plan to do the same for Baby #2, and also a family yearbook for each year after the babies turn One.

With all of the awesome technology that is available for photo storage and editing, it's become super easy to manage and store the millions of photos that I took of C in her early days.  I used the Shutterfly webite to create her yearbook.  It was so easy and turned out even better than I thought it would.


This is the 12x12 glossy version.


I told her story from the very beginning with the monthly belly photos that we took.


We documented her nursery, which is nice because we've already changed it so much to transition her to a big girl room that I'm sure we'll forget how special this space was to us.


...and all of her first holidays.


I did a page dedicated to her First Birthday Party and added in a letter that I wrote to her on that day.

These are just a few of the pages out of the 30 page book. 


Since I documented each month of her first year on the blog, it was easy to copy in a message about her milestones, our everyday routines, and her likes and dislikes.  


I just know that I would think it's hilarious to read all about what I was like as a baby, and I'm sure one day C will appreciate having this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment