Thursday, February 20, 2014

This Life I Live...

     I'm a lucky girl.  I'm a Sagittarius, the luckiest of all the signs.  I don't think I'd even change a single thing about my life and how it has panned out.  I've always wanted to be a mom.  Even at a really young age, I remember wanting to have a baby (or ten) so that I could have my own classroom.  With some experience under my belt, I've definitely pulled back on that idea and I'd be perfectly content with two or maybe three babies.  Not complaining though, this IS the life I've always dreamed of.

     Of course, some days are bad.  Like really really bad.  Like I just want to hide from my family and watch an entire four seasons of a show alone in bed, while eating Cheetos.  And other days, I want to pull my hair out because not one single person understands that I could use an hour to myself just to stare at a wall.  But other than that, the good most definitely outweighs the bad.

     I see pictures of people vacationing somewhere hot and breathtaking, or know people taking courses so that they can eventually land their dream job, or sleeping in until noon and then going back to bed, and I get jealous for a minute. Then I remember that I chose this and I wouldn't have it any other way.

     We're doing things in a different order than the average couple, but that doesn't mean it has to suck.  The sacrifices we're making now, to raise a family and pay a mortgage, will probably give us the freedom in our mid to late 30's to do all of the things we dream of doing.  Like backpacking across Europe, or taking an Alaskan Cruise, Camping for two weeks in Tobermory, or taking a last minute trip to Vegas to drunkenly get hitched.

     I've come up with a plan in the time since we've become young parents, and it goes a little something like this...  have babies, raise babies, make money, save money, have modest amounts of fun, strengthen our love and build our home, then, find a baby-sitter, or dump our teenage kids at their grandparents, or leave them with our friends who all now have their hands full with babies, and BAIL.  Next, do all of the things that we never go to do while we were busy changing diapers and issuing first class tickets to time out.

And at that age, our sex drives will be in full gear, and we'll do it all the time, and everywhere.  And then drink champagne and sleep until whenever we want.

THE END

new signature

No comments:

Post a Comment