Saturday, April 20, 2013

Finding Balance

Times they are a changing
HUGE

     This week we celebrated our first year of home ownership, and just around the corner is the day I've been dreading for the last few months, C's First Birthday.  (invitations are ordered :( wah) People always told me to slow down and cherish every moment because before you know it you're old and you can't wipe your own bum.  Ok, no one said those exact words, but I know that's what they were getting at.

     As I'm typing this, I'm watching C walk back and forth from the TV to the ottoman transporting the remote and a dirty sock.  I swear just yesterday she was being placed on my chest in the hospital room.

     We've worked hard for everything we have, and with A LOT of help from family and friends, I finally feel like I'm exactly where I want to be.  But of course, it's inevitable that as soon as you start to get comfortable, change happens and sends you wandering off in a new direction, pulling up your big girl pants all the while.

     Next month, I'll be starting work from Monday to Friday.  Whoa! A real person job. It's been so long since I've had a structured schedule that I forget that a clock serves a purpose other than letting me know when nap time is.

     The hubs will also be on the road a lot over the next few months for work.  He'll be away throughout the week, while I'm home working, and taking care of Chloe.   It sounds like a shitty deal but it's actually going to be really good for us.  This way I'll get the space I need to do me things, and we'll still have our weekends together.


     It's really hard for me to put myself first, because I'm always taking care of everyone and everything.  That's what being a mom does to you.  I literally have not shaved my legs in two weeks.  Sometimes though, you need to back off and let things go, and do you.


Me Things include:

reading trashy celeb magazines
scratching bingo cards
eating way too much chocolate, potentially an entire cake.
blaring Miranda Lambert at 7am
yoga & runs
KUWTK/ property brothers marathons
new mani's every night (hubby hates the smell, so I rarely do it)
baths
coffee/wine on the back deck
cooking/ eating whatever the fuck i want (something that doesn't include sausage, bacon and BBQ chicken thanks, fucking men)

     I never realized exactly how necessary it is to have your own space, in a relationship. I guess we've been too busy raising a baby together, to realize that we were driving each other insane.

     There's no doubt that we're crazy about each other, but in my own words... "seriously sometimes, just gtfo."

     When you have the chance to miss each other, it makes you appreciative, and less, I MIGHT PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE IF I HEAR YOU BREATHE ONE MORE TIME.

Ahhh married life.  And everyone wonders why we don't feel the need to make it legal.
...that nonsense is expensive, for something we already have.


new signature

No comments:

Post a Comment